Ewington puts Harpenden Town through to cup final
- Credit: Archant
James Ewington fired Harpenden Town to the final of the Dudley Latham Memorial Premier Division Cup with two goals away to Leighton Town.
The striker scored in the 63rd and 75th minutes as Harps fought back from conceding an early goal to win 2-1 and set up a clash with either Welwyn Garden City or Hadley who were set to play each other last night (Wednesday) after the Herts Ad had gone to press.
Leighton have been a bit of a bogey team for Town and things looked ominous when Tom Silford fired them ahead very early on.
But Harpenden gradually took control and two almost identical goals from Ewington saw them home.
Assistant manager Michael Jones said: “This result was all down to the boys who fought and fought to dominate the match despite losing a bad early goal.
You may also want to watch:
“It is great to be through to a cup final, the players deserve this success and I couldn’t be happier.”
Harpenden’s home clash with St Margaretsbury on Saturday will be festive themed. There are free mince pies for all, plus mulled wine on offer, and children and over 65s get in free.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years