Euro Hockey Masters: St Albans women shine on international stage
- Credit: Archant
Six female members of St Albans Hockey Club impressed at the recent Euro Masters Championships in Glashow.
Liz Cleverly won a silver medal with England Over-50s after losing on penalties to the Netherlands in their final, which had ended in a 2-2 draw.
Cleverly also finished as the tournament’s top goalscorer in her age group, while clubmate Sarah Embrey added silver with England Over-45s after netting in a 2-1 final loss to their Dutch rivals.
Meanwhile, Jo Weston and AM Davenport were members of the England Over-40 squad who just missed out on a place in the final after losing to Germany on penalties in their semi-final.
But they bounced back to beat Ireland 2-0 in the third-place play-off to claim bronze and add to the medal haul.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans’ Jo Herbert captained the Wales Over-40 team, while Emma Turner skippered Wales Over-50s.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim