Euro Hockey Masters: St Albans women shine on international stage
- Credit: Archant
Six female members of St Albans Hockey Club impressed at the recent Euro Masters Championships in Glashow.
Liz Cleverly won a silver medal with England Over-50s after losing on penalties to the Netherlands in their final, which had ended in a 2-2 draw.
Cleverly also finished as the tournament’s top goalscorer in her age group, while clubmate Sarah Embrey added silver with England Over-45s after netting in a 2-1 final loss to their Dutch rivals.
Meanwhile, Jo Weston and AM Davenport were members of the England Over-40 squad who just missed out on a place in the final after losing to Germany on penalties in their semi-final.
But they bounced back to beat Ireland 2-0 in the third-place play-off to claim bronze and add to the medal haul.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans’ Jo Herbert captained the Wales Over-40 team, while Emma Turner skippered Wales Over-50s.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall