Leopards preparing for Dragons showdown after letting Loughborough lead slip
- Credit: Archant
Essex & Herts Leopards continue their fight for Division One survival on Saturday when they host Bradford Dragons.
The Dragons arrive at Oaklands in eighth spot with six wins from 13 games and Leopards will be looking to avenge an 86-77 loss in Yorkshire back at the beginning of October in a game they should have won.
The Oaklands College-based side failed to build on a good start on Saturday as they went down 79-53 against Loughborough Riders.
Four straight Prince Lartey points had given the Big Cats a 13-12 lead after six minutes but the visitors rattled off 12 straight points to take control and they never trailed again.
James Cummings led the Leopards' scoring for the first time with 12 points but Lartey was the only other Big Cat in double figures with 11 points and six rebounds.
Chuck Duru and Jerelle Okoro each added nine points with the latter adding six boards for the home side.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown