Singleton ‘stood down’ from England duty as Eddie Jones names squad to face France in the Six Nations
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jack Singleton’s recall to the England squad lasted little more than 24 hours after head coach Eddie Jones named the 25 who will travel to Paris to take on France in the opening game of the Six Nations.
The hooker had been called up to cover Luke Cowan-Dickie after he had returned home for family reasons.
The Exeter Chiefs man has now returned, however, meaning the 23-year-old Harpenden star has been "stood down".
There is a place in the 25 though for three other former Harpenden St George's pupils as Maro Itoje, Owen Farrell and George Ford are all included.
In addition, Joe Launchbury, apprentice Alex Mitchell and Anthony Watson have travelled with the squad although Watson won't be considered for selection due to a calf injury he was carrying prior to joining the camp.
You may also want to watch:
England men's squad (25)
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 21 caps)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 19 caps)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 12 caps)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 14 caps)
Jamie George (Saracens, 45 caps)
Maro Itoje (Saracens, 34 caps)
George Kruis (Saracens, 41 caps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 81 caps)
Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 6 caps)
Joe Marler (Harlequins, 68 caps)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 31 caps)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, uncapped)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 58 caps)
Elliot Daly (Saracens, 39 caps)
Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs, 1 cap)
Owen Farrell (Saracens, 79 caps)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 65 caps)
George Furbank (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby, 9 caps)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 47 caps)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps)
Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby, uncapped)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 40 caps)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 95 caps)