England international commits to Arsenal
- Credit: Archant
An England international midfielder has committed their future to Arsenal by signing a new deal.
England’s vice captain Jordan Nobbs, who was part of the squad that finished third in last year’s World Cup, has put pen to paper on a new contract with Arsenal Ladies.
The 23-year-old has established herself as one of the most gifted midfielders in the women’s game since joining the Gunners from Sunderland in 2010.
Nobbs, who is based in London Colney, has scored 21 goals in 53 league appearances for Arsenal, and has helped the Gunners to two league titles, three FA Cups and four Continental Cups during her time in north London.
She scored twice in the Continental Cup final last year to help secure a 3-0 victory over Notts County.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesman said: “Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to Jordan’s continued contribution to the team in the 2016 season.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park