England call-up for Old Albanian winger Marchon
OLD Albanians winger Ollie Marchon has been called into the England squad for the first time for the HSBC Sevens World Series in Dubai at the end of the month (November 30-December 1).
The 24-year-old uncapped player will join the squad as they prepare to defend their Dubai Sevens title.
England face Pool C opponents South Africa, Samoa and Portugal on the opening day in Dubai with New Zealand, Argentina and Wales among their potential quarter final opponents on day two.
After Dubai, where England lifted the title in 2010 and 2011, the sides head for leg three of the nine event series, the Nelson Mandela Bay Sevens in Port Elizabeth (December 8-9).
Marchon earned his place after impressing in training with the squad this season.
You may also want to watch:
England Sevens head coach Ben Ryan said: “Ollie Marchon comes from outside the group of 19 but he’s worked really hard in the three months he’s been training with us and thoroughly deserves his chance.
“We’re looking forward to returning to Dubai where we get great support and where we’ve performed consistently well over the last five years but we’re under no illusions that we’ve got three big games on the opening day.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden