England and Lions coach heads to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
England and British & Irish Lions coach Steve Borthwick was in Harpenden last week to pass on some of his knowledge to a lucky school.
The former England skipper was at Aldwickbury where he put the senior boys through their paces.
And despite the pouring rain the big second-row forward led an enjoyable session.
A spoeswoman for the school said: “He was able to inspire the boys to do their best and make the most of having such a talented player and coach lead their games session.
“Having dried out we all went inside for a Q&A session where most of the questions seemed based round injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
Borthwick’s visit to the school was thanks to the generosity of one of the parents who bid for it at Jason Leonard’s annual fundraising dinner in aid of the Atlas Foundation.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images