Final pre-season run-out gives Old Albanian an encouraging win over Tring
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian finished their pre-season commitments on a high with a 43-24 win over Tring.
Played under the Woollams lights on Thursday night, OAs were comfortable winners despite a feisty display from the visitors.
And it won’t be the actual win that will have delighted head coach Gavin Hogg and his management team but the manner of the performance.
Albanian still have a lengthy injury list and were also missing some holidaying players but they were still able to call on the likes of skipper Ross Hamilton, Tim Bond and Chris West, while Charlie Hughes bolstered the front row.
Those inclusions will be a huge encouraging factor for supporters before the arrival of newly-promoted Guernsey on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tring stuck manfully to their guns and the level five side will not be too disappointed with their showing, giving Albanian plenty to think about all evening.
But the hosts’ tight play has improved massively and the line-out can now be depended upon to deliver possession when it matters.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
Play at the breakdown and defence in general have been strengths since training began in the summer.
Kick-off at Woollams on Saturday is at 2.30pm.