Final pre-season run-out gives Old Albanian an encouraging win over Tring
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian finished their pre-season commitments on a high with a 43-24 win over Tring.
Played under the Woollams lights on Thursday night, OAs were comfortable winners despite a feisty display from the visitors.
And it won’t be the actual win that will have delighted head coach Gavin Hogg and his management team but the manner of the performance.
Albanian still have a lengthy injury list and were also missing some holidaying players but they were still able to call on the likes of skipper Ross Hamilton, Tim Bond and Chris West, while Charlie Hughes bolstered the front row.
Those inclusions will be a huge encouraging factor for supporters before the arrival of newly-promoted Guernsey on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tring stuck manfully to their guns and the level five side will not be too disappointed with their showing, giving Albanian plenty to think about all evening.
But the hosts’ tight play has improved massively and the line-out can now be depended upon to deliver possession when it matters.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Play at the breakdown and defence in general have been strengths since training began in the summer.
Kick-off at Woollams on Saturday is at 2.30pm.