Herts Senior County League Division One Old Parmiterians 2 St Peter s 4 ST Peter s returned to action after nearly four weeks without a fixture when they recorded a comfortable win at fellow strugglers Old Parmiterians on Saturday. The Saints were missing
Herts Senior County League Division One
Old Parmiterians 2 St Peter's 4
ST Peter's returned to action after nearly four weeks without a fixture when they recorded a comfortable win at fellow strugglers Old Parmiterians on Saturday.
The Saints were missing several regular squad members. Goalkeeper Johnny Shearer, defenders David Winnie and Anthony Farron and midfield duo Scott Ferguson and Dan Cockerton were out. Strikers Tony Arnold and Mark Savory were also absent due to suspension and injury respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Gauthier returned from injury and Hafid Hamzaoui came in for a debut in defence. Marlon Jones and Moussa Rattab led the attack.
The Saints led 1-0 at the break with Rattab firing in a smartly-taken goal.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Early strikes after the restart gave Saints a commanding lead. Richard Ellis struck twice and Sean Workman put the ball away after a fine move for 4-0.
Defenders Hamzaoui and Tony Gauthier were in miserly form, giving nothing away and only when substitutions were made did the Saints leak two goals in the final 20 minutes.
Saints face strong outfit Cuffley away from home on Saturday with a 2.30pm kick off.