Ellie Watton leads way as St Albans Hockey Club finish fifth in the Super Sixes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies first team finished fifth in the Division One Super Sixes Championship in Nottingham.
The team picked up four wins in total, and scored 24 goals, at the event held over two weekends at Nottingham Trent University.
The Tangerines got the better of Harleston Magpies and Bristol Firebrands this weekend.
Ellie Watton led the scoring charts for Saints with 10 while Sarah Embrey bagged six.
The frosty weather put pay to most outdoor games this weekend although the men’s first team were delighted their game went ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Scanlon hit a hat-trick in an emphatic 9-0 success against Blueharts.
Matt Davey, Matthew Hodgson, Craig Smith, Alex Spencer, David Williams and Martin Scanlon completed the scoring for the Tangerines.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 10 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
The only other game saw the Ladies Boadiceas win 1-0 against West Herts with a Mary Oswin goal.