Ellie Watton leads way as St Albans Hockey Club finish fifth in the Super Sixes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies first team finished fifth in the Division One Super Sixes Championship in Nottingham.
The team picked up four wins in total, and scored 24 goals, at the event held over two weekends at Nottingham Trent University.
The Tangerines got the better of Harleston Magpies and Bristol Firebrands this weekend.
Ellie Watton led the scoring charts for Saints with 10 while Sarah Embrey bagged six.
The frosty weather put pay to most outdoor games this weekend although the men’s first team were delighted their game went ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Scanlon hit a hat-trick in an emphatic 9-0 success against Blueharts.
Matt Davey, Matthew Hodgson, Craig Smith, Alex Spencer, David Williams and Martin Scanlon completed the scoring for the Tangerines.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The only other game saw the Ladies Boadiceas win 1-0 against West Herts with a Mary Oswin goal.