Ellie Watton keeps St Albans moving up
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies continued their rise up the Conference East table with a 2-1 win over Maidenhead.
The win, which sees St Albans move into third place, came courtesy of a brace from GB international, Ellie Watton.
The 4ths also secured three points. A goal from Sara Robinson was enough to give them a 1-0 win against Saffron Walden.
The Ladies over 45s were celebrating on Sunday beating Redbridge and Ilford 6-1 in the cup.
The goals came from Helen Anton (two), Liz Morgan (two), Lou Jackman and Liz Cleverley.
You may also want to watch:
A hat-trick from Ross Rayner helped the men’s 5th team to a resounding 7-0 succeess over Bedford.
Roshan Baskoran grabbed two with Nigel Sellers and Ben Scott the others.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
The 6th team beat Harpenden 2-0 with goals from Stewart Johnstone and Steve Warr and the men’s 4th and 7th teams both came away with a point after 2-2 draws against Hertford and Stevenage respectively.
The 8ths had a convincing 4-0 win against Stevenage after George Turner and Steve Fox both scored two and the Centurions beat Richmond Rogues 6-0.