Ellie Watton keeps St Albans moving up
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies continued their rise up the Conference East table with a 2-1 win over Maidenhead.
The win, which sees St Albans move into third place, came courtesy of a brace from GB international, Ellie Watton.
The 4ths also secured three points. A goal from Sara Robinson was enough to give them a 1-0 win against Saffron Walden.
The Ladies over 45s were celebrating on Sunday beating Redbridge and Ilford 6-1 in the cup.
The goals came from Helen Anton (two), Liz Morgan (two), Lou Jackman and Liz Cleverley.
A hat-trick from Ross Rayner helped the men’s 5th team to a resounding 7-0 succeess over Bedford.
Roshan Baskoran grabbed two with Nigel Sellers and Ben Scott the others.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
The 6th team beat Harpenden 2-0 with goals from Stewart Johnstone and Steve Warr and the men’s 4th and 7th teams both came away with a point after 2-2 draws against Hertford and Stevenage respectively.
The 8ths had a convincing 4-0 win against Stevenage after George Turner and Steve Fox both scored two and the Centurions beat Richmond Rogues 6-0.