Ellie Watton keeps St Albans moving up
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies continued their rise up the Conference East table with a 2-1 win over Maidenhead.
The win, which sees St Albans move into third place, came courtesy of a brace from GB international, Ellie Watton.
The 4ths also secured three points. A goal from Sara Robinson was enough to give them a 1-0 win against Saffron Walden.
The Ladies over 45s were celebrating on Sunday beating Redbridge and Ilford 6-1 in the cup.
The goals came from Helen Anton (two), Liz Morgan (two), Lou Jackman and Liz Cleverley.
A hat-trick from Ross Rayner helped the men’s 5th team to a resounding 7-0 succeess over Bedford.
Roshan Baskoran grabbed two with Nigel Sellers and Ben Scott the others.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
The 6th team beat Harpenden 2-0 with goals from Stewart Johnstone and Steve Warr and the men’s 4th and 7th teams both came away with a point after 2-2 draws against Hertford and Stevenage respectively.
The 8ths had a convincing 4-0 win against Stevenage after George Turner and Steve Fox both scored two and the Centurions beat Richmond Rogues 6-0.