Ellie Watton keeps St Albans moving up
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies continued their rise up the Conference East table with a 2-1 win over Maidenhead.
The win, which sees St Albans move into third place, came courtesy of a brace from GB international, Ellie Watton.
The 4ths also secured three points. A goal from Sara Robinson was enough to give them a 1-0 win against Saffron Walden.
The Ladies over 45s were celebrating on Sunday beating Redbridge and Ilford 6-1 in the cup.
The goals came from Helen Anton (two), Liz Morgan (two), Lou Jackman and Liz Cleverley.
You may also want to watch:
A hat-trick from Ross Rayner helped the men’s 5th team to a resounding 7-0 succeess over Bedford.
Roshan Baskoran grabbed two with Nigel Sellers and Ben Scott the others.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The 6th team beat Harpenden 2-0 with goals from Stewart Johnstone and Steve Warr and the men’s 4th and 7th teams both came away with a point after 2-2 draws against Hertford and Stevenage respectively.
The 8ths had a convincing 4-0 win against Stevenage after George Turner and Steve Fox both scored two and the Centurions beat Richmond Rogues 6-0.