Electrifying Colney Heath fizz past Hoddesdon Town
- Credit: Archant
An electrifying first 25 minutes which saw Colney Heath score four, miss two open goals and concede a penalty, helped the Magpies to a 4-2 win over Hoddesdon Town at Lowfields.
The visitors started the game with a pace and intensity that Hoddesdon couldn’t handle, and Jimmy Hill took full advantage by claiming a 15-minute hat-trick.
His first was struck across the keeper into the far corner, the second was poked in from a Jack Woods cross and another poacher’s finish from another Woods’ cross completed his treble.
Reece Cameron made it four, getting clear and sliding the ball home, before he hit a post and Hill had his effort from the rebound cleared off the line.
Hoddesdon blazed a penalty over the top before Emmanuel Melford-Rowe pulled one back before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Riddle got another in the second half but that was all Colney allowed as they hung on to the three points.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'