Electrifying Colney Heath fizz past Hoddesdon Town
- Credit: Archant
An electrifying first 25 minutes which saw Colney Heath score four, miss two open goals and concede a penalty, helped the Magpies to a 4-2 win over Hoddesdon Town at Lowfields.
The visitors started the game with a pace and intensity that Hoddesdon couldn’t handle, and Jimmy Hill took full advantage by claiming a 15-minute hat-trick.
His first was struck across the keeper into the far corner, the second was poked in from a Jack Woods cross and another poacher’s finish from another Woods’ cross completed his treble.
Reece Cameron made it four, getting clear and sliding the ball home, before he hit a post and Hill had his effort from the rebound cleared off the line.
Hoddesdon blazed a penalty over the top before Emmanuel Melford-Rowe pulled one back before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Riddle got another in the second half but that was all Colney allowed as they hung on to the three points.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests