Eight wickets for St Albans’ Rajendran
ALEX Rajendran scalped eight wickets to destroy Old Finchleians’ batting line-up and lead St Albans to a five-wicket victory in the Saracens Herts League Division One on Saturday.
Opening the batting, Finchleians had no answer to Rajendran as he tore his way through the London outfit, as the home side posted a poor total of 90 all out.
In reply, St Albans comfortably reached their target with five wickets in hand in the Saracens Herts League Division One encounter.
Rajendran was also the highest-scoring batsman with an unbeaten knock of 24. Lloyd de Saint Pern played well to reach 22 not out.
ST Albans 2nd XI slumped to a heavy defeat in SHL Division Four against Potton.
Batting first, Potten put on 189-9 in their innings, star men for St Albans were Uttam Vijandeer and Ashiq Shah who both finished with three wickets apiece.
But in reply, St Albans crumbled to a disappointing 48 all out, as Potten collected a comfortable 141-run victory.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
Toby Crisp and Abbis Shah both hit half-centuries as St Albans 3rds drew with Hertford 3rds.
St Albans made 190-6 after they opened the batting in the SHL Division Seven encounter, Crisp notching 52 and Shah hitting an unbeaten 54.
In reply, Hertford finished on 135-7, Jack Ypey impressing for St Albans with figures of 4-28.