Eight wickets for St Albans’ Rajendran
ALEX Rajendran scalped eight wickets to destroy Old Finchleians’ batting line-up and lead St Albans to a five-wicket victory in the Saracens Herts League Division One on Saturday.
Opening the batting, Finchleians had no answer to Rajendran as he tore his way through the London outfit, as the home side posted a poor total of 90 all out.
In reply, St Albans comfortably reached their target with five wickets in hand in the Saracens Herts League Division One encounter.
Rajendran was also the highest-scoring batsman with an unbeaten knock of 24. Lloyd de Saint Pern played well to reach 22 not out.
ST Albans 2nd XI slumped to a heavy defeat in SHL Division Four against Potton.
Batting first, Potten put on 189-9 in their innings, star men for St Albans were Uttam Vijandeer and Ashiq Shah who both finished with three wickets apiece.
But in reply, St Albans crumbled to a disappointing 48 all out, as Potten collected a comfortable 141-run victory.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 8 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 9 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 10 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
Toby Crisp and Abbis Shah both hit half-centuries as St Albans 3rds drew with Hertford 3rds.
St Albans made 190-6 after they opened the batting in the SHL Division Seven encounter, Crisp notching 52 and Shah hitting an unbeaten 54.
In reply, Hertford finished on 135-7, Jack Ypey impressing for St Albans with figures of 4-28.