Eight wickets for St Albans’ Rajendran
ALEX Rajendran scalped eight wickets to destroy Old Finchleians’ batting line-up and lead St Albans to a five-wicket victory in the Saracens Herts League Division One on Saturday.
Opening the batting, Finchleians had no answer to Rajendran as he tore his way through the London outfit, as the home side posted a poor total of 90 all out.
In reply, St Albans comfortably reached their target with five wickets in hand in the Saracens Herts League Division One encounter.
Rajendran was also the highest-scoring batsman with an unbeaten knock of 24. Lloyd de Saint Pern played well to reach 22 not out.
ST Albans 2nd XI slumped to a heavy defeat in SHL Division Four against Potton.
You may also want to watch:
Batting first, Potten put on 189-9 in their innings, star men for St Albans were Uttam Vijandeer and Ashiq Shah who both finished with three wickets apiece.
But in reply, St Albans crumbled to a disappointing 48 all out, as Potten collected a comfortable 141-run victory.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Toby Crisp and Abbis Shah both hit half-centuries as St Albans 3rds drew with Hertford 3rds.
St Albans made 190-6 after they opened the batting in the SHL Division Seven encounter, Crisp notching 52 and Shah hitting an unbeaten 54.
In reply, Hertford finished on 135-7, Jack Ypey impressing for St Albans with figures of 4-28.