Eight-minute blitzkreig for Verulamians bops Stevenage Town
- Credit: Archant
Three converted tries in the opening eight minutes was enough to condemn Stevenage Town to a 40-14 defeat and send Verulamians seven points clear at the top of London North West Three.
It was a devastating onslaught from the Vees back division with Peter Snatch, Sam Allen and Alex Ricci all going over.
The bonus-point score, converted again by Ricci, came before the break from the ever-dangerous Allen.
He went on to complete his hat-trick in the second period, intercepting a loose pass on halfway and converting his own score from in front of the posts.
Verulamians’ sixth and final try came late on through Chris Gillespie with Stevenage left with consolation scores in both halves.
You may also want to watch:
The only downside for Vees was injuries picked up by captain Robin Wildey, who picked up a dislocated shoulder, and Mike Hollister who departed nursing a groin strain.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk