Eight-minute blitzkreig for Verulamians bops Stevenage Town
- Credit: Archant
Three converted tries in the opening eight minutes was enough to condemn Stevenage Town to a 40-14 defeat and send Verulamians seven points clear at the top of London North West Three.
It was a devastating onslaught from the Vees back division with Peter Snatch, Sam Allen and Alex Ricci all going over.
The bonus-point score, converted again by Ricci, came before the break from the ever-dangerous Allen.
He went on to complete his hat-trick in the second period, intercepting a loose pass on halfway and converting his own score from in front of the posts.
Verulamians’ sixth and final try came late on through Chris Gillespie with Stevenage left with consolation scores in both halves.
You may also want to watch:
The only downside for Vees was injuries picked up by captain Robin Wildey, who picked up a dislocated shoulder, and Mike Hollister who departed nursing a groin strain.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years