Effiong signs City contract
Young striker puts pen to paper with Saints
IN-FORM Inih Effiong has put pen to paper to sign a contract with St Albans City.
Effiong has impressed everyone with his performances in pre-season and carried that into the new league season with a goal and Man of the Match performance in the 2-2 draw at Thurrock.
In a club statement chairman John Gibson said: “The club is delighted to announce that Inih Effiong has signed a contract with St Albans City FC, as the club continues with its youth policy and the protection of what is considered to be its most valuable assets.
“The contract comes as a reward for all of Inih’s pre-season endeavour and was seen to pay immediate dividends with his excellent goal on Saturday in the Saints first fixture of the season away at Thurrock.”
You may also want to watch:
Effiong will be hoping to continue his recent good form tonight when City welcome Basingstoke Town to Clarence Park for their first home league game of the new season.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area