Effiong signs City contract
Young striker puts pen to paper with Saints
IN-FORM Inih Effiong has put pen to paper to sign a contract with St Albans City.
Effiong has impressed everyone with his performances in pre-season and carried that into the new league season with a goal and Man of the Match performance in the 2-2 draw at Thurrock.
In a club statement chairman John Gibson said: “The club is delighted to announce that Inih Effiong has signed a contract with St Albans City FC, as the club continues with its youth policy and the protection of what is considered to be its most valuable assets.
“The contract comes as a reward for all of Inih’s pre-season endeavour and was seen to pay immediate dividends with his excellent goal on Saturday in the Saints first fixture of the season away at Thurrock.”
You may also want to watch:
Effiong will be hoping to continue his recent good form tonight when City welcome Basingstoke Town to Clarence Park for their first home league game of the new season.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 5 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 6 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine