Effiong signs City contract
Young striker puts pen to paper with Saints
IN-FORM Inih Effiong has put pen to paper to sign a contract with St Albans City.
Effiong has impressed everyone with his performances in pre-season and carried that into the new league season with a goal and Man of the Match performance in the 2-2 draw at Thurrock.
In a club statement chairman John Gibson said: “The club is delighted to announce that Inih Effiong has signed a contract with St Albans City FC, as the club continues with its youth policy and the protection of what is considered to be its most valuable assets.
“The contract comes as a reward for all of Inih’s pre-season endeavour and was seen to pay immediate dividends with his excellent goal on Saturday in the Saints first fixture of the season away at Thurrock.”
You may also want to watch:
Effiong will be hoping to continue his recent good form tonight when City welcome Basingstoke Town to Clarence Park for their first home league game of the new season.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans