Ed Oshodi ‘can only add positivity’ to St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Ed Oshodi is a positive addition to the St Albans City squad – according to caretaker manager Harry Wheeler.
The former Watford man joined from Hemel Hempstead Town last week and made his debut against Maidenhead United on Tuesday.
And Wheeler has been impressed with what he has seen so far.
Speaking after the Maidenhead game, he said: “He gives us something different in terms of the three centre-halves we have, in terms of pace and different aspects.
“I told him he wasn’t going to walk in and start but Darren Locke got held up at work so he started earlier than he would have.
You may also want to watch:
“And I told him you’ve got your chance, now keep the shirt. If you play well, you will keep the shirt. Everyone here is going to play for places.
“Nobody’s got a right to start so everyone in that side could do something. It’s a strong squad and everyone is important as each other.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
“But the boys are together and he’s a massive character. He wants to be part of the club and is really buzzing to be here so he can only add positivity to the side.”