Ecstasy to despair in two minutes for St Albans City as they lsoe to Concord Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Less than two minutes took St Albans City from sheer bliss to heartache as they suffered a 3-2 Vanarama National League South defeat at Concord Rangers.
After trailing 2-0 at half-time to goals from Steve King and Dion Sembie-Ferris, Saints fought back in the second period.
Shaun Lucien, whose introduction from the bench along with that of Sam Merson ignited the comeback, halved the gap on 69 minutes.
And Ben Herd sparked joyous scenes on the field and on the terraces with a stunning right-footed volley on 90 minutes.
However, that joy was short lived as Sembie-Ferris pounced in the second minute of added time to give Concord a vital three points in the battle to beat the drop.
You may also want to watch:
For St Albans though this defeat made it six games without a win, a run which has seen the club drop out of the play-off places to eighth.
They have a quick chance to avenge this loss when they host Welling United at Clarence Park tomorrow (Tuesday) night.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
Kick-off is at 7.45pm.
Photographer Leigh Page was on Canvey Island on Saturday to capture the action.