Eastleigh hold Southampton and Staines sign Woozley
EASTLEIGH kicked off their pre-season programme at the weekend with a 1-1 draw in their annual match-up with Southampton. Saints youngster Matt Paterson gave the visitors a 60th minute lead but that was cancelled out by Tony Taggart s strike in the last m
EASTLEIGH kicked off their pre-season programme at the weekend with a 1-1 draw in their annual match-up with Southampton.
Saints youngster Matt Paterson gave the visitors a 60th minute lead but that was cancelled out by Tony Taggart's strike in the last minute.
Staines have made their first signing of the summer after capturing Farnborough defender David Woozley.
The 29-year-old has vast experience, having played for Crystal Palace, Yeovil, Oxford and Crawley prior to his time with Farnborough.
You may also want to watch:
Swans manager Dave Cordery told the club's website: "He's not just a big defender, but a player with great touch and a terrific awareness who can influence those around him and he's a good signing for us as we look to step-up in the Blue Square South this season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development