Eastleigh hold Southampton and Staines sign Woozley
EASTLEIGH kicked off their pre-season programme at the weekend with a 1-1 draw in their annual match-up with Southampton. Saints youngster Matt Paterson gave the visitors a 60th minute lead but that was cancelled out by Tony Taggart s strike in the last m
EASTLEIGH kicked off their pre-season programme at the weekend with a 1-1 draw in their annual match-up with Southampton.
Saints youngster Matt Paterson gave the visitors a 60th minute lead but that was cancelled out by Tony Taggart's strike in the last minute.
Staines have made their first signing of the summer after capturing Farnborough defender David Woozley.
The 29-year-old has vast experience, having played for Crystal Palace, Yeovil, Oxford and Crawley prior to his time with Farnborough.
Swans manager Dave Cordery told the club's website: "He's not just a big defender, but a player with great touch and a terrific awareness who can influence those around him and he's a good signing for us as we look to step-up in the Blue Square South this season.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time