Easter camp for St Albans City Youth girls
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth held a coaching camp during the Easter holidays.
The three-day camp, held at Nicholas Breakspear School, was for some of the clubs six and seven-year-old girls who have been training with the club for some time.
Sessions included an introduction to gaolkeeping, led by Arsenal Ladies coach Dean Goodwin, a skills day, with juggling, soccer tennis, ball mastery and one-on-one techniques, and work on turning and finishing.
The final day also saw Evergreen U6 and U7s as well as Garston Ladies U7 Tigers for a series of small-sided games.
The Camp was supervised by Chris Johnson who was supported by three of the club’s trainee coaches, Lauren Walker, Molly Johnson and Mollie Herrington.
You may also want to watch:
The Club also held its usual holiday coaching camp at Highfield Park which was attended by over 100 youngsters.
The next holiday camp will be during the next half-term break at the end of May.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
Details can be found on the club’s website www.cityyouthfc.co.uk.