Easter camp for St Albans City Youth girls
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth held a coaching camp during the Easter holidays.
The three-day camp, held at Nicholas Breakspear School, was for some of the clubs six and seven-year-old girls who have been training with the club for some time.
Sessions included an introduction to gaolkeeping, led by Arsenal Ladies coach Dean Goodwin, a skills day, with juggling, soccer tennis, ball mastery and one-on-one techniques, and work on turning and finishing.
The final day also saw Evergreen U6 and U7s as well as Garston Ladies U7 Tigers for a series of small-sided games.
The Camp was supervised by Chris Johnson who was supported by three of the club’s trainee coaches, Lauren Walker, Molly Johnson and Mollie Herrington.
The Club also held its usual holiday coaching camp at Highfield Park which was attended by over 100 youngsters.
The next holiday camp will be during the next half-term break at the end of May.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 9 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 10 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
Details can be found on the club’s website www.cityyouthfc.co.uk.