Easter camp for St Albans City Youth girls
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth held a coaching camp during the Easter holidays.
The three-day camp, held at Nicholas Breakspear School, was for some of the clubs six and seven-year-old girls who have been training with the club for some time.
Sessions included an introduction to gaolkeeping, led by Arsenal Ladies coach Dean Goodwin, a skills day, with juggling, soccer tennis, ball mastery and one-on-one techniques, and work on turning and finishing.
The final day also saw Evergreen U6 and U7s as well as Garston Ladies U7 Tigers for a series of small-sided games.
The Camp was supervised by Chris Johnson who was supported by three of the club’s trainee coaches, Lauren Walker, Molly Johnson and Mollie Herrington.
You may also want to watch:
The Club also held its usual holiday coaching camp at Highfield Park which was attended by over 100 youngsters.
The next holiday camp will be during the next half-term break at the end of May.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Details can be found on the club’s website www.cityyouthfc.co.uk.