Early season form has GPN Builders RockandRoad race team going great guns
- Credit: Archant
Fine results came to GPN Builders RockandRoad race team in both national and regional races.
Matt Watson got things started with a courageous ride at Milton Keynes, which saw him clear of the field until three laps to go.
However, he dug deep to pick up a top-10 spot.
The National B race saw GPNR&R on the attack from the off.
A crash ended Clay Davies’ race but Marcel Six managed to get in the winning eight-man move, eventually finishing fourth.
Adam Strudwick led the bunch in behind for ninth.
And the team’s youngest member, Tyler Six, was edged into second in the U10 race.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Across at the Velopark where Luke Houghton took ninth.
Team manager Marcel Six said: “It’s great to see the team go so well.
“With the races being mainly national level now they have all showed they can compete at that level.”