Early season form has GPN Builders RockandRoad race team going great guns
- Credit: Archant
Fine results came to GPN Builders RockandRoad race team in both national and regional races.
Matt Watson got things started with a courageous ride at Milton Keynes, which saw him clear of the field until three laps to go.
However, he dug deep to pick up a top-10 spot.
The National B race saw GPNR&R on the attack from the off.
A crash ended Clay Davies’ race but Marcel Six managed to get in the winning eight-man move, eventually finishing fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Strudwick led the bunch in behind for ninth.
And the team’s youngest member, Tyler Six, was edged into second in the U10 race.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Across at the Velopark where Luke Houghton took ninth.
Team manager Marcel Six said: “It’s great to see the team go so well.
“With the races being mainly national level now they have all showed they can compete at that level.”