Early action settles London Colney match with Biggleswade United
- Credit: Archant
SSML Premier Division leaders London Colney were held to a 1-1 home draw by Biggleswade United on Tuesday with both goals coming in the opening three minutes.
On a wind-swept and rainy Cotlandswick, the Blueboys took only 65 seconds to open the scoring.
They won a free-kick out on the right, Jack Woods’ delivery was hacked clear, but only as far as the edge of the box where Gregg Douglas sent a low drive through a crowded penalty area, past keeper Tom Wyant and into the net.
The joy was short-lived though as just a few minutes later the Blueboys failed to clear a free-kick and this time Valentine Okou fired past Colney keeper Tom Gowans.
Woods’ went close for the hosts as his free-kick clipped the outside of a post.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second half Gowans pulled off a fine save from Dave Iwediuno’s header to keep it level.
At the other end Jon Clements’ backheel flick was tipped onto the crossbar and over by Wyant.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
Neither side were able to find a winner as the points were shared.
London Colney remain top of the table six points clear of Hertford Town who have a game in hand.
On Saturday, Colney are away to Hadley.