Early action settles London Colney match with Biggleswade United
- Credit: Archant
SSML Premier Division leaders London Colney were held to a 1-1 home draw by Biggleswade United on Tuesday with both goals coming in the opening three minutes.
On a wind-swept and rainy Cotlandswick, the Blueboys took only 65 seconds to open the scoring.
They won a free-kick out on the right, Jack Woods’ delivery was hacked clear, but only as far as the edge of the box where Gregg Douglas sent a low drive through a crowded penalty area, past keeper Tom Wyant and into the net.
The joy was short-lived though as just a few minutes later the Blueboys failed to clear a free-kick and this time Valentine Okou fired past Colney keeper Tom Gowans.
Woods’ went close for the hosts as his free-kick clipped the outside of a post.
Early in the second half Gowans pulled off a fine save from Dave Iwediuno’s header to keep it level.
At the other end Jon Clements’ backheel flick was tipped onto the crossbar and over by Wyant.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
Neither side were able to find a winner as the points were shared.
London Colney remain top of the table six points clear of Hertford Town who have a game in hand.
On Saturday, Colney are away to Hadley.