Early action settles London Colney match with Biggleswade United
- Credit: Archant
SSML Premier Division leaders London Colney were held to a 1-1 home draw by Biggleswade United on Tuesday with both goals coming in the opening three minutes.
On a wind-swept and rainy Cotlandswick, the Blueboys took only 65 seconds to open the scoring.
They won a free-kick out on the right, Jack Woods’ delivery was hacked clear, but only as far as the edge of the box where Gregg Douglas sent a low drive through a crowded penalty area, past keeper Tom Wyant and into the net.
The joy was short-lived though as just a few minutes later the Blueboys failed to clear a free-kick and this time Valentine Okou fired past Colney keeper Tom Gowans.
Woods’ went close for the hosts as his free-kick clipped the outside of a post.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second half Gowans pulled off a fine save from Dave Iwediuno’s header to keep it level.
At the other end Jon Clements’ backheel flick was tipped onto the crossbar and over by Wyant.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
Neither side were able to find a winner as the points were shared.
London Colney remain top of the table six points clear of Hertford Town who have a game in hand.
On Saturday, Colney are away to Hadley.