Early action settles London Colney match with Biggleswade United
- Credit: Archant
SSML Premier Division leaders London Colney were held to a 1-1 home draw by Biggleswade United on Tuesday with both goals coming in the opening three minutes.
On a wind-swept and rainy Cotlandswick, the Blueboys took only 65 seconds to open the scoring.
They won a free-kick out on the right, Jack Woods’ delivery was hacked clear, but only as far as the edge of the box where Gregg Douglas sent a low drive through a crowded penalty area, past keeper Tom Wyant and into the net.
The joy was short-lived though as just a few minutes later the Blueboys failed to clear a free-kick and this time Valentine Okou fired past Colney keeper Tom Gowans.
Woods’ went close for the hosts as his free-kick clipped the outside of a post.
Early in the second half Gowans pulled off a fine save from Dave Iwediuno’s header to keep it level.
At the other end Jon Clements’ backheel flick was tipped onto the crossbar and over by Wyant.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
Neither side were able to find a winner as the points were shared.
London Colney remain top of the table six points clear of Hertford Town who have a game in hand.
On Saturday, Colney are away to Hadley.