Eames penalty makes it three on the spin for Heath
Full round-up of Saturday’s football results
JAMIE Eames held his nerve to convert a 92nd minute penalty and give Colney Heath their third straight victory in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.
Chris Killer’s 19th minute own goal had put the Magpies in front against Oxhey Jets but Steve Brown’s 83rd minute goal looked like earning the visitors a share of the spoils. However Heath were awarded a spot kick deep into injury time and Eames successfully converted for his 10th goal of the season.
The three points keeps Scott Lacey and Wes Awad’s side in sixth place.
Early goals were the order of the day at Clarence Park as St Albans City Reserves lost 2-1 to Cockfosters in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Dom Petrucci had given the Saints’ second string the best possible start netting just six minutes in but Anton Lewis replied for the visitors just three minutes later. Terngu Agera scored what proved to be the winning goal for Cockfosters in the 32nd minute.
Harpenden Town and London Colney both progressed in the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after wins over Sarratt and Wodson Park respectively but Sandridge Rovers were on the wrong end of an 8-0 scoreline against Berkhamsted.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
First half goals from Jimmy Warner, Matt Sutton and Aaron Clarke gave Harpenden Town a 3-0 win over Sarratt while Trevor Stevens, Russell Gallagher and Ricky Perks were on target in London Colney’s 3-1 defeat of Wodson Park.
In the Herts Senior County Premier Division Harpenden Rovers suffered a 4-1 defeat to Baldock Town Letchworth but in Division One there were wins for both Belstone, a 6-0 victory against Kimpton Rovers, and St Peter’s who beat London Colney Blues 2-1.