Ealing can expect a backlash at Woollams, says Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian coach Andy Holloway is expecting a ‘backlash’ from his players this weekend after their opening day loss.
OAs put in an error-strewn performance against Tynedale in the north east on Saturday and lost by a single point, 11-10. The result saw them gain a bonus point but it could, and perhaps, should have been more.
After the “disappointment” and “frustration” of the loss, Holloway is expecting a major reaction from his players when they welcome National League One new boys Ealing Trailfinders to Woollams on Saturday.
“Ealing were relegated from the Championship last season so it is going to be a massive test for us but we’re up for the challenge,” he told the Herts Ad.
“Not because they’re the favourites but because we have a huge amount of frustration and disappointment from Saturday’s game. The first thing the players wanted was to put it right.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a massive amount of enthusiasm for Saturday because all the errors we made are so fixable and avoidable. The backlash will come out this week.”
Saturday’s game against Ealing Trialfinders kicks off at Woollams at 3pm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans