Ealing can expect a backlash at Woollams, says Holloway
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian coach Andy Holloway is expecting a ‘backlash’ from his players this weekend after their opening day loss.
OAs put in an error-strewn performance against Tynedale in the north east on Saturday and lost by a single point, 11-10. The result saw them gain a bonus point but it could, and perhaps, should have been more.
After the “disappointment” and “frustration” of the loss, Holloway is expecting a major reaction from his players when they welcome National League One new boys Ealing Trailfinders to Woollams on Saturday.
“Ealing were relegated from the Championship last season so it is going to be a massive test for us but we’re up for the challenge,” he told the Herts Ad.
“Not because they’re the favourites but because we have a huge amount of frustration and disappointment from Saturday’s game. The first thing the players wanted was to put it right.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s a massive amount of enthusiasm for Saturday because all the errors we made are so fixable and avoidable. The backlash will come out this week.”
Saturday’s game against Ealing Trialfinders kicks off at Woollams at 3pm.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans