Dyson earns Saints a point
ST ALBANS Ladies bounced back from the disappointment of losing to Horsham on Saturday to earn a point from their rearranged game against Barnes on Sunday. The Ladies made the worst possible start at Horsham going behind to a Wendy Strong goal after six m
ST ALBANS Ladies bounced back from the disappointment of losing to Horsham on Saturday to earn a point from their rearranged game against Barnes on Sunday.
The Ladies made the worst possible start at Horsham going behind to a Wendy Strong goal after six minutes.
The home side doubled their lead on 28 minutes when Ellen Seaniger slotted home. The Ladies rallied and pulled a goal back in the 48th minute when Tasha Dyson scored from a penalty corner but Horsham wrapped up the win 10 minutes later when Erica Rogers fired home a penalty stroke.
Keen to avoid going behind early on against Barnes the Ladies shot out of the blocks with Dyson giving them the lead after just three minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies held the lead until 51 minutes when Triona Doyle stroked home from a penalty corner.
The Ladies remain eighth in the table and they travel to seventh-placed Sevenoaks on Saturday.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues