Duo perform magnificently
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club were represented in five regional finals last week. The East of England Region Junior Swimming Championships took place at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich on June 13-14. The Championshis saw the top young swimmers in the Regi
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club were represented in five regional finals last week.
The East of England Region Junior Swimming Championships took place at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich on June 13-14.
The Championshis saw the top young swimmers in the Region compete in a full range of events, to see who would be crowned BAGCAT Champions in each age group.
City of St Albans Swimming Club swimmers Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Dupreez represented the club and performed magnificently.
You may also want to watch:
In the girls U-13 group, breaststroke specialist Anne Marie recorded the third fastest time in 200m qualifying, only to be pipped for a medal into fifth place in the final. But in a titanic sprint battle in the 100m final she made up for any disappointment taking the bronze medal.
In the boys U-12 group Robbie finished a brilliant ninth place overall in the Region. Robbie reached the final in the 200m freestyle, 200m IM, and 200m backstroke, and achieved three personal best times over the 50m long course.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
Coach Sarah Stevens said: "I am so proud of their performance. They have both worked really hard, and for CoStA to be represented in the final of five events at the Regional Championships is a magnificent achievement."
CoStA will be hosting the City's first Aquathon on September 20 - visit www.costaasc.org.uk for more details, or come along to the club open nights at Westminster Lodge on Sunday or Monday evenings.