Duo perform magnificently
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club were represented in five regional finals last week. The East of England Region Junior Swimming Championships took place at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich on June 13-14. The Championshis saw the top young swimmers in the Regi
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club were represented in five regional finals last week.
The East of England Region Junior Swimming Championships took place at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich on June 13-14.
The Championshis saw the top young swimmers in the Region compete in a full range of events, to see who would be crowned BAGCAT Champions in each age group.
City of St Albans Swimming Club swimmers Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Dupreez represented the club and performed magnificently.
You may also want to watch:
In the girls U-13 group, breaststroke specialist Anne Marie recorded the third fastest time in 200m qualifying, only to be pipped for a medal into fifth place in the final. But in a titanic sprint battle in the 100m final she made up for any disappointment taking the bronze medal.
In the boys U-12 group Robbie finished a brilliant ninth place overall in the Region. Robbie reached the final in the 200m freestyle, 200m IM, and 200m backstroke, and achieved three personal best times over the 50m long course.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Coach Sarah Stevens said: "I am so proud of their performance. They have both worked really hard, and for CoStA to be represented in the final of five events at the Regional Championships is a magnificent achievement."
CoStA will be hosting the City's first Aquathon on September 20 - visit www.costaasc.org.uk for more details, or come along to the club open nights at Westminster Lodge on Sunday or Monday evenings.