Duo perform magnificently
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club were represented in five regional finals last week. The East of England Region Junior Swimming Championships took place at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich on June 13-14. The Championshis saw the top young swimmers in the Regi
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club were represented in five regional finals last week.
The East of England Region Junior Swimming Championships took place at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich on June 13-14.
The Championshis saw the top young swimmers in the Region compete in a full range of events, to see who would be crowned BAGCAT Champions in each age group.
City of St Albans Swimming Club swimmers Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Dupreez represented the club and performed magnificently.
In the girls U-13 group, breaststroke specialist Anne Marie recorded the third fastest time in 200m qualifying, only to be pipped for a medal into fifth place in the final. But in a titanic sprint battle in the 100m final she made up for any disappointment taking the bronze medal.
In the boys U-12 group Robbie finished a brilliant ninth place overall in the Region. Robbie reached the final in the 200m freestyle, 200m IM, and 200m backstroke, and achieved three personal best times over the 50m long course.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
Coach Sarah Stevens said: "I am so proud of their performance. They have both worked really hard, and for CoStA to be represented in the final of five events at the Regional Championships is a magnificent achievement."
CoStA will be hosting the City's first Aquathon on September 20 - visit www.costaasc.org.uk for more details, or come along to the club open nights at Westminster Lodge on Sunday or Monday evenings.