Duo perform but OAs lose out in exciting contest
Division Two Old Albanian 204-6 (51.0) Flitwick 205-4 (47.0) ALISTAIR Lewis and Kwesi Roy battled well for Old Albanians but they were defeated in a dramatic clash with Flitwick at Woollams on Saturday. Lewis hit 60 from 76 balls and Roy fired 65 as OAs
Old Albanian 204-6 (51.0) Flitwick 205-4 (47.0)
ALISTAIR Lewis and Kwesi Roy battled well for Old Albanians but they were defeated in a dramatic clash with Flitwick at Woollams on Saturday.
Lewis hit 60 from 76 balls and Roy fired 65 as OAs posted a competitive 204-6 from their 53 overs having won the toss.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, all-rounder Roy took 2-57 but Flitwick sealed the six wicket win with 205-4 in the 47th over.
Dan Foster claimed five wickets for Old Albanian II as they went to Cockfosters II in Division Five.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The home side won the toss and posted 171 before they were all out in the final over thanks to a fine show from Foster. In reply, OAs were dismissed for just 118.
Old Albanian III picked up their first Division 11 win of the season in the last over of the match at Waltham X Rosedale III.
After losing the toss, OAs were put in to bat and Duncan Taylor (47) controlled the innings with Paul Richardson (40) contributing well. Some big hitting from John Clark and Simon Rabbitt saw OAs to 176 for 9 from their 47 overs.
In reply the visitors made a good start before a stunning direct hit from the boundary from John Clark helped to stem the flow of runs.
Spinners Terry James (three wickets) and David Hughes (one wicket) took out the middle order along with Duncan Taylor (two wickets).
A dramatic finish to the game saw Miles Price take the winning wicket with Hiren Amin taking the important ninth wicket in the previous over. Rosedale were all out for 153.
Old Albanian IV hosted second in the table Ickleford at Woollams on Saturday.
After winning the toss, Ickleford decided to bat and OAs reduced the visitors to 84-6. Ickleford hit back with 96 for the seventh wicket and posted 210-8.
An early batting collapse meant that OAs were never in the run chase. A fluent 34 not out from Kalpit Vachhani helped them to 128 all out.
Old Albanian II started their Sunday League season with a high scoring loss.
After winning the toss Harrow decided to bat and posted a total of 278 for 7 from their 45 overs.
In reply Nick Nguyen scored 117 and David Burrows 45 not out as the St Albans based side finished short of the required total on 223-7.