Duo good as gold for St Albans
BRADLEY Howell and Victoria Cleevely fought hard to win gold as the St Albans Judo Club made their mark at the British Kata Championships. St Albans sent a larger squad than last year to the junior and senior events held at High Wycombe Judo Club.
BRADLEY Howell and Victoria Cleevely fought hard to win gold as the St Albans Judo Club made their mark at the British Kata Championships.
St Albans sent a larger squad than last year to the junior and senior events held at High Wycombe Judo Club.
Bradley and Victoria claimed victories in the Under 12s Nage-No-Kata and Katame-No-Kata while Elena Howell took silver with her partner James Davis in the Under 12s Katame-No-Kata.
Tomi Borzák and Megan Taylor took bronze in the Under 16s Nage-No-Kata while Megan along with Sophie Day achieved a silver in the Under 16s Ju-No-kata, an excellent performance as they only started training in this kata earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
In the senior championships Darren Rolph and Ricky Cleevely managed silver in Kime-No-Kata while Zoli Borzák and Bob Cleevely achieved a respectable fourth place, just missing out on a medal in Katame-No-Kata. This spurred them on to claim the silver medal in Ju-No-Kata.
The medal tally of two gold, four silver and one bronze paid testament to the hard work and dedication that the squad puts in, especially the juniors.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Ricky Cleevely, who has been training hard to get back to contest fitness after 18 months out of contest fighting, also entered the Kyu Grades Cup and won three contests with Ippon throws (maximum score straight win) to secure bronze.