Draw and a loss for City Ladies
ST ALBANS City Ladies endured a tough week, losing to Bedford before drawing with Standon and Puckeridge.
The ladies went down 2-0 against Bedford in midweek but showed all through the match how far they have progressed this season as their never say die spirit and team effort kept them going till the very end of the match.
On Sunday the ladies fought back twice to take a point off second-placed Standon and Puckeridge. The match started at a good pace with skilful football from both teams. The dead lock was eventually broken, only after some great goalkeeping from Kelly Aubrey, by a well taken shot from Puckeridge.
City fought back and levelled with a well taken goal by Christina Freestone to keep the sides level at half time.
Puckeridge came out of the blocks determined to take all three points and scored early in the second half and from there it was only some great defending and even better goalkeeping that kept City in the game.
You may also want to watch:
With five minutes to go Freestone battled hard to get a cross in for Megan Kiff to head the ball home to level the match. City dug deep for the last five minutes of the match to hold on to a well-deserved draw.
Squad: Kelly Aubrey, Rachel Sherlow, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Molly Slade, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (c), Sophie Joseph, Holly Sheridan, Megan Kiff, Christina Freestone. Subs: Isis Anders, Faith Trounce.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly