Draw and a loss for City Ladies
ST ALBANS City Ladies endured a tough week, losing to Bedford before drawing with Standon and Puckeridge.
The ladies went down 2-0 against Bedford in midweek but showed all through the match how far they have progressed this season as their never say die spirit and team effort kept them going till the very end of the match.
On Sunday the ladies fought back twice to take a point off second-placed Standon and Puckeridge. The match started at a good pace with skilful football from both teams. The dead lock was eventually broken, only after some great goalkeeping from Kelly Aubrey, by a well taken shot from Puckeridge.
City fought back and levelled with a well taken goal by Christina Freestone to keep the sides level at half time.
Puckeridge came out of the blocks determined to take all three points and scored early in the second half and from there it was only some great defending and even better goalkeeping that kept City in the game.
You may also want to watch:
With five minutes to go Freestone battled hard to get a cross in for Megan Kiff to head the ball home to level the match. City dug deep for the last five minutes of the match to hold on to a well-deserved draw.
Squad: Kelly Aubrey, Rachel Sherlow, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Molly Slade, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (c), Sophie Joseph, Holly Sheridan, Megan Kiff, Christina Freestone. Subs: Isis Anders, Faith Trounce.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development