Draw and a loss for City Ladies
ST ALBANS City Ladies endured a tough week, losing to Bedford before drawing with Standon and Puckeridge.
The ladies went down 2-0 against Bedford in midweek but showed all through the match how far they have progressed this season as their never say die spirit and team effort kept them going till the very end of the match.
On Sunday the ladies fought back twice to take a point off second-placed Standon and Puckeridge. The match started at a good pace with skilful football from both teams. The dead lock was eventually broken, only after some great goalkeeping from Kelly Aubrey, by a well taken shot from Puckeridge.
City fought back and levelled with a well taken goal by Christina Freestone to keep the sides level at half time.
Puckeridge came out of the blocks determined to take all three points and scored early in the second half and from there it was only some great defending and even better goalkeeping that kept City in the game.
With five minutes to go Freestone battled hard to get a cross in for Megan Kiff to head the ball home to level the match. City dug deep for the last five minutes of the match to hold on to a well-deserved draw.
Squad: Kelly Aubrey, Rachel Sherlow, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Molly Slade, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (c), Sophie Joseph, Holly Sheridan, Megan Kiff, Christina Freestone. Subs: Isis Anders, Faith Trounce.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival