Dramatic late Charles goal earns Saints a point at Hemel
TEENAGER Tremayne Charles popped up with a 94th minute leveller to earn St Albans City a 1-1 Boxing Day draw away at league leaders Hemel Hempstead Town.
The point kept the Saints fifth in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and extended City’s unbeaten run to five in all competitions under new management duo James Gray and Graham Golds.
An impressive crowd of 787, with 200 plus said to be Saints fans, at Vauxhall Road saw an entertaining clash in very wet conditions.
The supporters watched a goalless first period, although City’s Greg Ngoyi did have an effort ruled out for offside.
The opening goal of the game came on 58 minutes as The Tudors’ Jordan Parkes converted past keeper Nick Jupp from close range after a Victor Osobu cross.
You may also want to watch:
With the clock ticking and Hemel looking like securing the win, St Albans defender Moussa Diarra cleared to substitute Charles and he drove home the equaliser.
St Albans City face a long trip to Somerset on Saturday to take on Frome Town.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans