Drama as Rangers dealt out narrow loss by Aces
St Albans Rangers GOALS from Daniel Houghton, Connor McGrath and James Plummer helped the Under 13s run Hemel Aces Lions close in a dramatic match. Having taken the lead twice, Rangers eventually lost out 4-3. Sweeper Alex Corley was named Man of the Match
St Albans Rangers
GOALS from Daniel Houghton, Connor McGrath and James Plummer helped the Under 13s run Hemel Aces Lions close in a dramatic match. Having taken the lead twice, Rangers eventually lost out 4-3. Sweeper Alex Corley was named Man of the Match.
The Under 12s Reds suffered their first defeat of the season against a very physical Bushey Rangers. Kie Thompson scored but the final score was 3-1. Michael Kingsbury was named Man of the Match for some fantastic wing play and Nathan Stiffin was a powerful presence in defence.
Joshua Emmins scored a stunning hat-trick as the Under 10s Red beat a good Northwood Red side 4-1. Alex Tyers also scored a great goal in what was another excellent team display. Man of the Match went to Ben Scott for a commanding performance in defence.
The Under 10s Blues came out on top following their league cup qualifier against Pinner JFC. Charlie Irvine scored twice and Ryan Nicholson netted one with a brace for Harry Mardell securing a 5-0 win. Jake Trounce impressed on his debut for Rangers and Man of the Match went to Jack Simpson.
The Under 9s Reds got their season off to an encouraging start with a comprehensive 6-0 victory away to Enfield Rangers.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
The Under 12s/Under 13s Belles went away to Sherrardswood & Birchwood Rangers in the new Hertfordshire Girls Football Partnership League. Jessica Roots scored a fine second half hat trick for the second week in succession and Katie Cronin also bagged another two goals, with Gemma Broom netting for a 6-0 win. Player of the Match went to Jessica Poole while captain Karla Simpson was also superb. Ellie Maidment and Megan Wancio made their debuts for the Belles.