'Dragon' fires for City Youth Girls
St Albans City Youth The Under 18s Girls turned in a poor team display as they lost 5-2 at Fleet Town in Hampshire. Ria The Fiery Dragon Llewellyn struck both goals. Natalie Burrows performed well in midfield, Katie Ladd made some vital tackles at left
St Albans City Youth
The Under 18s Girls turned in a poor team display as they lost 5-2 at Fleet Town in Hampshire. Ria 'The Fiery Dragon' Llewellyn struck both goals. Natalie Burrows performed well in midfield, Katie Ladd made some vital tackles at left back and right back Caroline 'Ginger' Johnston also played well. Goalkeeper Claire 'Geordie' Brown made a good double save. Coach Mark Clark said the girls must show more determination. The girls have received some sponsorship from Annabell Finley-Kensitt.
A hat trick from Andrea Endobor on debut handed the Under 16s Girls a 3-0 win away to Islington Girls.
Sami May scored a hat trick of free kicks as the battling Under 15s Girls took on Hemel Hempstead and eventually lost out 7-5. Holly Clarke and Christina Freestone also netted. Captain Grace Campion was named Player of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
Georgia Murphy scored twice but the Under 12s Girls lost 3-2 to Denham B. Georgia shared the Player of the Match award with Miriam Quinn and Lauren Dunbar.
Goals from Olivia Almond and Sabrina Illian were not enough for the Under 11s Girls as they lost at Hampstead 7-2.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company