'Dragon' fires for City Youth Girls
St Albans City Youth The Under 18s Girls turned in a poor team display as they lost 5-2 at Fleet Town in Hampshire. Ria The Fiery Dragon Llewellyn struck both goals. Natalie Burrows performed well in midfield, Katie Ladd made some vital tackles at left
St Albans City Youth
The Under 18s Girls turned in a poor team display as they lost 5-2 at Fleet Town in Hampshire. Ria 'The Fiery Dragon' Llewellyn struck both goals. Natalie Burrows performed well in midfield, Katie Ladd made some vital tackles at left back and right back Caroline 'Ginger' Johnston also played well. Goalkeeper Claire 'Geordie' Brown made a good double save. Coach Mark Clark said the girls must show more determination. The girls have received some sponsorship from Annabell Finley-Kensitt.
A hat trick from Andrea Endobor on debut handed the Under 16s Girls a 3-0 win away to Islington Girls.
Sami May scored a hat trick of free kicks as the battling Under 15s Girls took on Hemel Hempstead and eventually lost out 7-5. Holly Clarke and Christina Freestone also netted. Captain Grace Campion was named Player of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
Georgia Murphy scored twice but the Under 12s Girls lost 3-2 to Denham B. Georgia shared the Player of the Match award with Miriam Quinn and Lauren Dunbar.
Goals from Olivia Almond and Sabrina Illian were not enough for the Under 11s Girls as they lost at Hampstead 7-2.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works