Dover appoint Hendon, changes at Kingfield and Spitfires add Holland
The latest news from Blue Square South
DOVER have appointed Ian Hendon as their new manager.
Hendon, who previously managed Barnet, has signed a one-year deal at the Crabble and replaces Andy Hessenthaler who left to take over at League Two outfit Gillingham.
Eastleigh have bolstered their defence with the addition of Chris Holland.
Holland helped Bath City to promotion last season but left Twerton Park after relocating to Southampton.
The Spitfires have also snapped up 25-year-old striker Jamie Slabber from Woking. The former Tottenham trainee has a wealth of non-league experience and was an FA Trophy winner with both Grays Athletic and Stevenage Borough.
Woking have snapped up former St Albans City midfielder Sam Hurrell despite Welling claiming to have agreed a new deal with the winger.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 7 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
Joining Hurrell at Kingfield are former AFC Wimbledon defender Alan Inns and Francis Quarm. The Cards have also snapped up former Eastleigh striker Andy Forbes as well as agreeing new deals with Moses Ademola, Ricky Anane, Craig Faulconbridge, Joe McNerney, Matt Pegler, Mark Ricketts, Daniel Sintim, Ola Sogbanmu, Aswad Thomas and Ross Worner.
Players leaving Kingfield are defenders Jon Boardman and Tom Hutchinson, Jamie Hand, Billy Hussey, Charlie Moone, Delano Sam-Yorke and Sam Sloma.
Basingstoke Town boss Frank Gray has continued his squad re-shaping with the acquisition of Matt Pattison.
The former Woking midfielder spent last season with Blue Square Premier play-off contenders Rushden & Diamonds and has signed a one-year deal at the Camrose.
The Dragons had already snapped up goalkeeper Chris Tardiff from Blue Square South rivals Maidenhead United, striker Ross Montague and defender Ross Adams.
Blue Square South newcomers Ebbsfleet United will have to do without the services of Darius Charles after the defender signed for Blue Square Premier champions Stevenage Borough.