Double treble signals fine win for St Albans Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Hat-tricks from Sophie Monahan and Kayla Johnson set St Albans Ladies on their way to a huge 8-1 win against Sherrardswood.
The pair combined as early as the fifth minute, Monahan getting the finish, and she added her second shortly after, Suz Read getting the assist this time.
Sophie Lawrence found Ellen Salter for number three and although Sherrardswood pulled one back, Johnson opened her account for the fourth.
And she completed her hat-trick for 6-1 at half-time.
They couldn’t match the same performance in the second period but they still kept the scoreboard ticking over.
You may also want to watch:
Monahan got her third, sweeping in another Johnson cross, and the scoring was finished by an audacious lob from 35 yards from Chloe Reeves.
The player of the match was Robyn McFayden for her fantastic role in defence.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Saints host Flitwick on Sunday, in a 2pm kick-off.