Double treble signals fine win for St Albans Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Hat-tricks from Sophie Monahan and Kayla Johnson set St Albans Ladies on their way to a huge 8-1 win against Sherrardswood.
The pair combined as early as the fifth minute, Monahan getting the finish, and she added her second shortly after, Suz Read getting the assist this time.
Sophie Lawrence found Ellen Salter for number three and although Sherrardswood pulled one back, Johnson opened her account for the fourth.
And she completed her hat-trick for 6-1 at half-time.
They couldn’t match the same performance in the second period but they still kept the scoreboard ticking over.
You may also want to watch:
Monahan got her third, sweeping in another Johnson cross, and the scoring was finished by an audacious lob from 35 yards from Chloe Reeves.
The player of the match was Robyn McFayden for her fantastic role in defence.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Saints host Flitwick on Sunday, in a 2pm kick-off.