Double success for Harpenden Bowls Club Ladies in County Cup action
- Credit: Archant
Two ladies teams have successfully progressed to the next round of the County Triples.
The teams lead by Lesley Tutt and Janet Hubball will face home ties in the third round to Potters Bar and Hatfield respectively.
In the National Top Club, one ladies team were beaten but another ladies team beat St Albans 103-57 to progress to the next round.
Despite recent good form, the District League saw defeat to a strong North Mymms team.
In the National Top Club for men, Harpenden’s match with Harperbury saw a narrow defeat by three rinks to two.
You may also want to watch:
In first round matches, a Harpenden over 60s double rink side beat Harperbury 43-27 and in the County Team Championship, they had a comfortable victory over Shire Park by 87-34 in shots.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building