Double success for Harpenden Bowls Club Ladies in County Cup action
- Credit: Archant
Two ladies teams have successfully progressed to the next round of the County Triples.
The teams lead by Lesley Tutt and Janet Hubball will face home ties in the third round to Potters Bar and Hatfield respectively.
In the National Top Club, one ladies team were beaten but another ladies team beat St Albans 103-57 to progress to the next round.
Despite recent good form, the District League saw defeat to a strong North Mymms team.
In the National Top Club for men, Harpenden’s match with Harperbury saw a narrow defeat by three rinks to two.
You may also want to watch:
In first round matches, a Harpenden over 60s double rink side beat Harperbury 43-27 and in the County Team Championship, they had a comfortable victory over Shire Park by 87-34 in shots.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans