Double six for St Albans City Youth pair
- Credit: Archant
Two St Albans City Youth players netted an amazing six goals this weekend.
Jack Hughes netted all six for the U15 North as they beat Everett Rovers 6-3 while Billy Owen grabbed his double hat-trick in a 14-0 Watford Friendly League Challenge Cup triumph over Muswell Hill Vipers.
Daniel Banerjee got three with Ed Mann, Sam Mistry, James Lawrence, Hendrik Bochenhauer and Joe Parrett all on the scoresheet.
The U13 Orient turned in their best performance of the season to end Sun Postal’s 100 per cent league record with a 4-0 win.
Ollie Gilmour grabbed two with Samuel Beasley and Lewis Shamplina-Posner also on target.
The man-of-the-match award went to Isaac Hannon.
After several postponements the U12 West finally played their County Cup tie against East Herts and progressed to the next round thanks to a 4-0 victory.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
The Saints goals were scored by Jack Cullen (two), Jack Carmichael and Thomas Ranfal.
The U16 North played Alexandra Park North at home in the League and won the match 2-0 thanks to goals from Alfie Booth and Owen Greenbank.
The man-of-the-match went to Dan Newton.
The U12 East Yellow defeated Tring Tornados Tigers 8-1 in a fixture that was played away as the Saints pitch was unplayable.
Brandon Trainis scored four with Tommy Wilson, William Miller, Freddie Laycock and Thomas Every getting the others.
Harry Dawe scored twice, and man-of-the-match Sam Bocca-Mappe once, as the U11 East played Panshanger Tigers.
In the U10s, Victoria played Hemel Hempstead Youth with some good performances from both teams.
Goals were scored by Oscar Bell (three), Martin Flore, Benjy Stone and Archie Hobbs.
The man-of-the-match went to Freddie Roe who was superb in midfield.
The U9 South played away to Barnet Azzurri and there were goals from Freddie Yeo and two from Josh Smith.
The man-of-the-match went to Asa Stewart-Harris thanks to his all-round contribution during the game.
The U9 Central were in action against Watford Town Youth where there were two goals from Ethan Sieger and one from Tyler Hall.
In the girl’s section, Zoe Cowan picked up the player-of-the-match award as well as both goals as the U12 South won 2-1 away to Bishop’s Stortford.
The U8s were also away, this time to Broomfield Academy Whites.
There were goals from Laila Brown (three), Emma Bracey (two), Maya Deans (two) and Rebecca Smith.
The player-of-the-match went to Olive Jones.