Double six for St Albans City Youth pair
- Credit: Archant
Two St Albans City Youth players netted an amazing six goals this weekend.
Jack Hughes netted all six for the U15 North as they beat Everett Rovers 6-3 while Billy Owen grabbed his double hat-trick in a 14-0 Watford Friendly League Challenge Cup triumph over Muswell Hill Vipers.
Daniel Banerjee got three with Ed Mann, Sam Mistry, James Lawrence, Hendrik Bochenhauer and Joe Parrett all on the scoresheet.
The U13 Orient turned in their best performance of the season to end Sun Postal’s 100 per cent league record with a 4-0 win.
Ollie Gilmour grabbed two with Samuel Beasley and Lewis Shamplina-Posner also on target.
You may also want to watch:
The man-of-the-match award went to Isaac Hannon.
After several postponements the U12 West finally played their County Cup tie against East Herts and progressed to the next round thanks to a 4-0 victory.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
The Saints goals were scored by Jack Cullen (two), Jack Carmichael and Thomas Ranfal.
The U16 North played Alexandra Park North at home in the League and won the match 2-0 thanks to goals from Alfie Booth and Owen Greenbank.
The man-of-the-match went to Dan Newton.
The U12 East Yellow defeated Tring Tornados Tigers 8-1 in a fixture that was played away as the Saints pitch was unplayable.
Brandon Trainis scored four with Tommy Wilson, William Miller, Freddie Laycock and Thomas Every getting the others.
Harry Dawe scored twice, and man-of-the-match Sam Bocca-Mappe once, as the U11 East played Panshanger Tigers.
In the U10s, Victoria played Hemel Hempstead Youth with some good performances from both teams.
Goals were scored by Oscar Bell (three), Martin Flore, Benjy Stone and Archie Hobbs.
The man-of-the-match went to Freddie Roe who was superb in midfield.
The U9 South played away to Barnet Azzurri and there were goals from Freddie Yeo and two from Josh Smith.
The man-of-the-match went to Asa Stewart-Harris thanks to his all-round contribution during the game.
The U9 Central were in action against Watford Town Youth where there were two goals from Ethan Sieger and one from Tyler Hall.
In the girl’s section, Zoe Cowan picked up the player-of-the-match award as well as both goals as the U12 South won 2-1 away to Bishop’s Stortford.
The U8s were also away, this time to Broomfield Academy Whites.
There were goals from Laila Brown (three), Emma Bracey (two), Maya Deans (two) and Rebecca Smith.
The player-of-the-match went to Olive Jones.