Double joy for two St Albans City Youth teams
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for two of the St Albans City Youth teams with two divisional cup wins.
The U9 Orient team fought back from a goal down to beat Welwyn Pegasus in the Mid-Herts Rural Merit League Purple Division Cup while the U10 Romans beat Bengeo Tigers Caspians to claim the MHRML Maroon Division Cup.
Both games were played at The Hive, home of Barnet FC, and both were close.
Adam Lorman equalised for Orient before Sam Butterworth clinched the 2-1 win in the last minute.
Romans also won by one goal, Ryan Kennedy getting the all-important strike in the 1-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
City Youth coaches were in action on Sunday when they beat St Albans City legends in a memorial game for David Wray at Clarence Park.
David’s son Andy got one in a 5-3 win, with Sam Russell, Lucy Hancock and Laurence Wilson (two) getting the rest.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Over £1,100 was raised for St Albans Special Olympics.