Double joy for two St Albans City Youth teams
- Credit: Archant
There was double joy for two of the St Albans City Youth teams with two divisional cup wins.
The U9 Orient team fought back from a goal down to beat Welwyn Pegasus in the Mid-Herts Rural Merit League Purple Division Cup while the U10 Romans beat Bengeo Tigers Caspians to claim the MHRML Maroon Division Cup.
Both games were played at The Hive, home of Barnet FC, and both were close.
Adam Lorman equalised for Orient before Sam Butterworth clinched the 2-1 win in the last minute.
Romans also won by one goal, Ryan Kennedy getting the all-important strike in the 1-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
City Youth coaches were in action on Sunday when they beat St Albans City legends in a memorial game for David Wray at Clarence Park.
David’s son Andy got one in a 5-3 win, with Sam Russell, Lucy Hancock and Laurence Wilson (two) getting the rest.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Over £1,100 was raised for St Albans Special Olympics.