Double joy for St Albans Hockey Club’s first teams
- Credit: Archant
It was a happy day for both first teams at St Albans Hockey Club as both picked up victories.
The win for the ladies was perhaps the most celebrated with the 2-1 success against Canterbury their first of the Division One South season.
Skipper Tash Humphris and Lottie Simpson got the goals with Canterbury's late effort not enough to take the spoils away.
The men meanwhile beat London Edwardians 3-2 at Oaklands College to move up to fourth.
The visitors took the lead after a spell of pressure but after Teague Marcano was brought down, brother Tariq equalised with a penalty flick.
You may also want to watch:
The Tangerines then took the lead immediately after half-time, Teague Marcano taking advantage of numerical superiority, only for the visitors to level on the counter attack.
But after last week's three-goal surrender, Saints were determined not to let another three points slip away and after Teague Marcano pounced on a rebound after a Tariq shot to clinch the win.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?