Double-header weekend success as St Albans go top of the table
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s men enjoy a great return to action following the extended winter break by picking up two wins at the weekend.
They started on Saturday afternoon with a 4-1 success at home to Cambridge University before making it a double by going one better with a 5-1 home win against Saffron Walden.
The back-to-back victories sent them top of the East League Premier A table and they still have games in hand on the teams around them.
Saturday’s win saw David Williams, Matt Davey, Mark Lowden and Tariq Marcano on target.
And Sunday’s success saw Davey on target again, although this time he was joined by Steve McManus, Luke Kennedy and Jakob Plant twice.
You may also want to watch:
Kennedy’s goal was his first in the first team.
St Albans visit the Olympic Park to face third-placed Wapping this weekend and captain Davey said: “It’s always tough to maintain focus through a double-header weekend, but we managed to put together two good performances.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden