Double disappointment for London Colney
- Credit: Archant
London Colney suffered double disappointment in league and cup action.
Their SSML Premier derby at Welwyn GC ended in a 4-1 defeat on Saturday, before they lost on penalties to Sun Sports in the Dudlay Latham Memorial Cup on Tuesday.
Only four minutes had been played when Danny Payne put WGC ahead at the weekend and Colney old boy Jon Clements added a second before the break.
Clements struck again early in the second half and George Ironton made it 4-0, before Kambo Smith netted a last-minute consolation.
The Blueboys fell behind in midweek as Ryan McMahon beat Joe Simmonds with a downward header, but Anton Johnson raced clear to level.
You may also want to watch:
Darion Furlong, Festus Lori and Paolo Montella netted in the shoot-out, but Laurence Vaughan and Finley Long missed.
Colney host Biggleswade FC on Saturday (3pm) and Buckingham Athletic in the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday (7.45pm).
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to