Double disappointment for London Colney
- Credit: Archant
London Colney suffered double disappointment in league and cup action.
Their SSML Premier derby at Welwyn GC ended in a 4-1 defeat on Saturday, before they lost on penalties to Sun Sports in the Dudlay Latham Memorial Cup on Tuesday.
Only four minutes had been played when Danny Payne put WGC ahead at the weekend and Colney old boy Jon Clements added a second before the break.
Clements struck again early in the second half and George Ironton made it 4-0, before Kambo Smith netted a last-minute consolation.
The Blueboys fell behind in midweek as Ryan McMahon beat Joe Simmonds with a downward header, but Anton Johnson raced clear to level.
You may also want to watch:
Darion Furlong, Festus Lori and Paolo Montella netted in the shoot-out, but Laurence Vaughan and Finley Long missed.
Colney host Biggleswade FC on Saturday (3pm) and Buckingham Athletic in the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday (7.45pm).
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe