Double delight for super Saints
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 2 Sarratt 0 FIRST half goals from Tony Arnold and Mark Savory enabled St Peter s to complete their third double of the campaign with a 2-0 win against Sarratt at Lemsford. Saints had to make a number of
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 2 Sarratt 0
FIRST half goals from Tony Arnold and Mark Savory enabled St Peter's to complete their third double of the campaign with a 2-0 win against Sarratt at Lemsford.
Saints had to make a number of changes to their line up with midfielders Richard Ellis, David Stevens, Craig Staughton and Craig Chapman all missing.
In defence, Kevin Mendil, aged 19, made an impressive debut alongside regulars Tony Gauthier and Anthony Farron, to keep the visitors out all afternoon.
David Winnie lined up in the midfield holding role, allowing Scott Ferguson and Dan Cockerton to push on and support the strikers.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Saints were in front after just a couple of minutes when Arnold lobbed the ball over Sarratt goalkeeper Justin Higgs.
On the stroke of half time, St Peter's made it 2-0 when Mark Savory applied the finishing touch to a bouncing ball inside the box.
Chances were rare during the second half, as Saints cruised to a comfortable victory without playing at their best.
The victory enable Saints to replace Sarratt in 11th spot in the table, but they travel to strong league leaders Baldock Town on Saturday. Saints beat Baldock 1-0 earlier in the campaign and will be hoping to toast another double.