Double cup success for St Albans
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club were celebrating after two of their ladies’ sides tasted cup success.
The seconds beat Surbiton 2-0 with goals from Annie Barratt and Fiona Nekeman while the over35s won 3-1 against Bedford, Liz Cleverly scoring a brace, and Julie McConnell the third.
Back in league action the Men’s firsts won 4-1 against Chelmsford with goals from Ian Scanlon, Martin Scanlon, Tom Hudson and Matt Davey.
The 2nds battled to a 2-1 victory against Reading after Scott Apps and Sam Herbert both scored and the 3rds saw off Spencer Spitfires 2-0, thanks to goals from Charlie Beedle and Abheek Dutta.
In the ladies’ league games, the 1sts came away with a point after an end-to-end game against Cambridge City ended 3-3.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Embrey, Katie Hockley and Aimy Kee all scored for the Tangerines.
The 2nds also secured a point in a 1-1 draw with Norwich Dragons thanks to a second half goal from Lottie Simpson.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
The 3rds beat Basildon 2-1, the goals coming from Bex Burton and Zazza Zabert, while the Bodaceas were also celebrating following a 2-0 victory against Leighton Buzzard, in which Mary Oswin and Helen Anton both scored.