Double cup success for St Albans
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club were celebrating after two of their ladies’ sides tasted cup success.
The seconds beat Surbiton 2-0 with goals from Annie Barratt and Fiona Nekeman while the over35s won 3-1 against Bedford, Liz Cleverly scoring a brace, and Julie McConnell the third.
Back in league action the Men’s firsts won 4-1 against Chelmsford with goals from Ian Scanlon, Martin Scanlon, Tom Hudson and Matt Davey.
The 2nds battled to a 2-1 victory against Reading after Scott Apps and Sam Herbert both scored and the 3rds saw off Spencer Spitfires 2-0, thanks to goals from Charlie Beedle and Abheek Dutta.
In the ladies’ league games, the 1sts came away with a point after an end-to-end game against Cambridge City ended 3-3.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Embrey, Katie Hockley and Aimy Kee all scored for the Tangerines.
The 2nds also secured a point in a 1-1 draw with Norwich Dragons thanks to a second half goal from Lottie Simpson.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
The 3rds beat Basildon 2-1, the goals coming from Bex Burton and Zazza Zabert, while the Bodaceas were also celebrating following a 2-0 victory against Leighton Buzzard, in which Mary Oswin and Helen Anton both scored.