Double century stand inspires Leverstock to victory over St Albans
A 207 run stand between Leverstock Green’s openers, Miles Barnard and Lewis Koch, inspired them to victory over St Albans in Saracens Herts Division Two A.
Barnard scored a century off 83 balls and went on to make 134 before Mark Telkman (2-57) rearranged his stumps. Koch survived three drops on his way to a well made 80.
Henry Tyler (1-54) had Koch caught by Charles Smith and Telkman took his second wicket to remove Majid Khan (3) but number three Kris Jadeja kept up the run-rate with a 58-ball 70 as the innings closed on 324-3.
St Albans began slowly and Hounslow was caught behind for two, followed by Sam Kindlen (17), Aaron Jones (12) Tyler (9).
Matt Howeson (15) and Max Capaldi (20) held firm until the captain was caught by Koch for the first of three catches).
You may also want to watch:
Phil Caley arrived the wicket and, once Capaldi departed, began to score more freely. The bowlers kept him company as he carried his bat for 134.
Ben Carroll’s duck meant a 94-run win for Leverstock Green with the batting efforts worth nine points.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills