Double century stand inspires Leverstock to victory over St Albans
A 207 run stand between Leverstock Green’s openers, Miles Barnard and Lewis Koch, inspired them to victory over St Albans in Saracens Herts Division Two A.
Barnard scored a century off 83 balls and went on to make 134 before Mark Telkman (2-57) rearranged his stumps. Koch survived three drops on his way to a well made 80.
Henry Tyler (1-54) had Koch caught by Charles Smith and Telkman took his second wicket to remove Majid Khan (3) but number three Kris Jadeja kept up the run-rate with a 58-ball 70 as the innings closed on 324-3.
St Albans began slowly and Hounslow was caught behind for two, followed by Sam Kindlen (17), Aaron Jones (12) Tyler (9).
Matt Howeson (15) and Max Capaldi (20) held firm until the captain was caught by Koch for the first of three catches).
You may also want to watch:
Phil Caley arrived the wicket and, once Capaldi departed, began to score more freely. The bowlers kept him company as he carried his bat for 134.
Ben Carroll’s duck meant a 94-run win for Leverstock Green with the batting efforts worth nine points.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden