Double century stand inspires Leverstock to victory over St Albans
A 207 run stand between Leverstock Green’s openers, Miles Barnard and Lewis Koch, inspired them to victory over St Albans in Saracens Herts Division Two A.
Barnard scored a century off 83 balls and went on to make 134 before Mark Telkman (2-57) rearranged his stumps. Koch survived three drops on his way to a well made 80.
Henry Tyler (1-54) had Koch caught by Charles Smith and Telkman took his second wicket to remove Majid Khan (3) but number three Kris Jadeja kept up the run-rate with a 58-ball 70 as the innings closed on 324-3.
St Albans began slowly and Hounslow was caught behind for two, followed by Sam Kindlen (17), Aaron Jones (12) Tyler (9).
Matt Howeson (15) and Max Capaldi (20) held firm until the captain was caught by Koch for the first of three catches).
Phil Caley arrived the wicket and, once Capaldi departed, began to score more freely. The bowlers kept him company as he carried his bat for 134.
Ben Carroll’s duck meant a 94-run win for Leverstock Green with the batting efforts worth nine points.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead