Double boost for Harpenden Rovers star Jenkinson
Herts Senior County League Division One Allenburys Sports 3 Harpenden Rovers 4 AFTER losing two games on the bounce with poor performances it was important to get back to winning ways. Despite missing six key players, Rovers started incredibly well, and
Herts Senior County League Division One
Allenburys Sports 3 Harpenden Rovers 4
AFTER losing two games on the bounce with poor performances it was important to get back to winning ways.
Despite missing six key players, Rovers started incredibly well, and Chris Jenkinson continued his scoring spree with two goals in the first 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie Poole made it three after 25 minutes and Rovers were completely dominating the game.
Rovers spurned an opportunity to add a fourth after the excellent Gareth Devoti was felled in the box but Ollie Wedd saw his penalty superbly saved. The missed chance rejuvenated Allenburys and they hit back with a goal before half time.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
After the break, Rovers conceded a second and then missed another penalty after Devoti was upended in the box again. With Wedd having been substituted, Ollie Poole stepped up and blasted the ball wide.
Poole made amends five minutes later with a rare left-footed strike fired into the top corner from 30 yards. Allenburys continued to press and struck a goal back but Rovers held out to win 4-3.
Harpenden Rovers: Goodwin, Downes, Harmer, Fox, Hitchcock, Wedd (Carberry 68), Williams (Denehey 73), Chugg, Poole, Devoti, Jenkinson
Harpenden Rovers Reserves carried on their very impressive start to the season as they entertained Reserve Division Two leaders Wormley. The game finished 2-2 with goals from Paul Turner and James Peacock. Rovers have seven points from three games and with matches in hand on the leaders are looking to claim top spot. James Peacock was named Man of the Match.
The Rovers Team went top with a 4-3 win. Goals from David Hay, another brace from the impressive Chris Coleman and one from Freddie Warmer secured the success.
On Saturday Harpenden Rovers travel to Kimpton Rovers for a derby clash in Division One.