Donnington disappointment as season ends for Radlett’s Alex Jones
- Credit: Archant
Alex Jones endured a disappointing end to his Formula Vee season at Donnington Park.
The Radlett racer suffered suspension failure in qualifying, putting him at a disadvantage for the races.
It meant he started in 19th place and a wet track didn’t help his cause.
Problems at the start saw him fall down the pack but he fought back, including a stunning pass on four cars in a single corner.
And it helped him up to 15th by the end.
You may also want to watch:
Race two was over quickly though as the slippery kerbs spat him into the gravel trap and eventually retirement.
“This year has been the most competitive yet,” said the 24-year-old. “Everyone has really upped their game so I’ve enjoyed the close and tough racing.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
“Bears Motorsport have done a great job and my pace has definitely improved.”
Jones will use the winter break to continue working on putting a budget together to compete in the 2018 MSA F4 Championship.