Donnington disappointment as season ends for Radlett’s Alex Jones
- Credit: Archant
Alex Jones endured a disappointing end to his Formula Vee season at Donnington Park.
The Radlett racer suffered suspension failure in qualifying, putting him at a disadvantage for the races.
It meant he started in 19th place and a wet track didn’t help his cause.
Problems at the start saw him fall down the pack but he fought back, including a stunning pass on four cars in a single corner.
And it helped him up to 15th by the end.
Race two was over quickly though as the slippery kerbs spat him into the gravel trap and eventually retirement.
“This year has been the most competitive yet,” said the 24-year-old. “Everyone has really upped their game so I’ve enjoyed the close and tough racing.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
“Bears Motorsport have done a great job and my pace has definitely improved.”
Jones will use the winter break to continue working on putting a budget together to compete in the 2018 MSA F4 Championship.