Dodge takes a step closer to football dream
- Credit: Archant
Talented local footballer Haydn Dodge is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 21-year-old goalkeeper, from Park Lane, St Albans, is one of 88 players who have progressed onto the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record number 5,700 entrants.
Dodge impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre on Sunday, October 13.
He said: “I feel motivated to continue working hard and to progress further. I’m proud of myself for what I have done so far and hopeful that this is just the beginning.
“It’s a real privilege to be selected to be a part of the last 88 and into the semi final of the Samsung Win A Pro Contract competition.
“Preparation for any sporting event is tough; it takes hard work and focus. Since the regional trials I’ve been working to ensure my sessions are frequent and beneficial, to impress at the semi-final.”
Dodge will compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow amateur hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium this Sunday, December 15.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire