Dodge takes a step closer to football dream
- Credit: Archant
Talented local footballer Haydn Dodge is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 21-year-old goalkeeper, from Park Lane, St Albans, is one of 88 players who have progressed onto the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record number 5,700 entrants.
Dodge impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre on Sunday, October 13.
He said: “I feel motivated to continue working hard and to progress further. I’m proud of myself for what I have done so far and hopeful that this is just the beginning.
“It’s a real privilege to be selected to be a part of the last 88 and into the semi final of the Samsung Win A Pro Contract competition.
You may also want to watch:
“Preparation for any sporting event is tough; it takes hard work and focus. Since the regional trials I’ve been working to ensure my sessions are frequent and beneficial, to impress at the semi-final.”
Dodge will compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow amateur hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium this Sunday, December 15.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust