Dodge takes a step closer to football dream
- Credit: Archant
Talented local footballer Haydn Dodge is a step closer to winning a dream professional contract with Leyton Orient, Swindon Town or Wycombe Wanderers.
The 21-year-old goalkeeper, from Park Lane, St Albans, is one of 88 players who have progressed onto the semi-final stages of Samsung’s nationwide Win A Pro Contract competition, which attracted a record number 5,700 entrants.
Dodge impressed the Football CV scouts at his regional trial at Gillette Corner Goals Soccer Centre on Sunday, October 13.
He said: “I feel motivated to continue working hard and to progress further. I’m proud of myself for what I have done so far and hopeful that this is just the beginning.
“It’s a real privilege to be selected to be a part of the last 88 and into the semi final of the Samsung Win A Pro Contract competition.
You may also want to watch:
“Preparation for any sporting event is tough; it takes hard work and focus. Since the regional trials I’ve been working to ensure my sessions are frequent and beneficial, to impress at the semi-final.”
Dodge will compete in an 11-a-side match against fellow amateur hopefuls at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium this Sunday, December 15.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant