Dixon and Harris inspire City U18 to first win of the season
St Albans City U18 grabbed their first win of the season at home on Monday night, beating Uxbridge 2-1.
The first half looked as if it was going to be a tough night for the young Saints as Uxbridge created the better opportunities.
Saints woke up for a short period and Jack Nevin had a couple of close efforts as City pressed for the first goal.
Uxbridge looked dangerous and took the lead from a City corner as they broke with pace and the centre forward rounded the keeper to open the scoring just before the half-time whistle.
The start of the second half saw the Saints play with more passion and belief, and with Danny McCarthy pulling the strings in midfield, started to get on top.
You may also want to watch:
The equaliser came surprisingly from the boot of right back Jack Dixon as he beat three challenges and smashed the ball into the net via the near post.
This invigorated City and Charlie Harris then nipped in at the front post to guide a cross from Hafid Bounyafe into the bottom corner.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
The Saints managed the game well for the last 10 minutes to seal an important three points.