Disappointment for Tabard as they lose to Hammersmith & Fulham despite fine effort
- Credit: Archant
Good rugby and strong competition throughout was not enough for Tabard as they lost 35-17 to Hammersmith & Fulham.
They had plenty of possession but the score didn’t correctly reflect the difference between the sides and the fact the Radlett-based rugby club left without even a bonus point was disappointing.
Tabard started brightly and took the lead on 10 minutes through Dan Calnan but two tries, a conversion and a penalty gave Hammers a 15-5 half-time lead.
Tabard started the second half in a positive manner with Jack Reilly showing real determination and he got their second try after a quick penalty by George Gough.
Again the hosts replied with a penalty and try but Charlie Sandison was able to score Tabard’s third try.
You may also want to watch:
At 23-17 with 15 minutes to play Tabard had a chance but Hammersmith picked up two relatively soft tries and despite their best efforts, Tabard were unable to score again.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?