Disappointing opening for St Albans against slick Stevenage Town
- Credit: Archant
Despite a late try by prop Dave Martin and some determined forward play St albans Rugby club lost their opening game of the season 32-5 to Stevenage Town.
The visitors to Boggymead for this London North West Three clash were most convincing through their slick, pacey back line and workmanlike forwards who made the most of the greasy conditions, playing simple effective rugby.
Saints will be hoping for a much improved performance when they travel to Hemel Hempstead on Saturday.
Hemel got their campaign off to a good start, winning 41-6 at Finchley.
St Albans’ second team, however, had better fortune against Ampthill Veterans, winning 22–14.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Coy, Dougie Trial, Andrew Still got their tries.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall