Disappointing opening for St Albans against slick Stevenage Town
- Credit: Archant
Despite a late try by prop Dave Martin and some determined forward play St albans Rugby club lost their opening game of the season 32-5 to Stevenage Town.
The visitors to Boggymead for this London North West Three clash were most convincing through their slick, pacey back line and workmanlike forwards who made the most of the greasy conditions, playing simple effective rugby.
Saints will be hoping for a much improved performance when they travel to Hemel Hempstead on Saturday.
Hemel got their campaign off to a good start, winning 41-6 at Finchley.
St Albans’ second team, however, had better fortune against Ampthill Veterans, winning 22–14.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Coy, Dougie Trial, Andrew Still got their tries.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant