Disability Day at Clarence Park
- Credit: Archant
Over 50 people took part in the St Albans City FC and St Albans City Youth FC Disability Day and made it a memorable and noisy occasion for everyone involved.
The day started with various sports in the park as the participants were invited to take part in a number of fun games and matches. The group was then invited onto the Clarence Park pitch to see the St Albans first team players going through their important warm-up routine from a close position.
At half-time, the boys and girls were able to return to the pitch and entertain the crowd with an exhibition of their football skills. In between the activities the group cheered, sung and shouted St Albans City onto a fine 2-0 victory against Concord Rangers.
St Albans City Youth community coach Paul Spink said: “The numbers attended far exceeded my expectations. It was great to see so many disability community groups working together with St Albans City Youth, supporting the Saints together.”
Lawrence Levy co-owner of St Albans City FC was delighted to use this opportunity to be able to welcome the group into Clarence Park.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased the disability group could join us and help create a fantastic atmosphere at the Park. I hope they can support us again at our next home match,” he said.
The disability sports activity forms a further part of the St Albans City FC and St Albans City Youth in the Community partnership that is funded by the Premier League and the Professional Footballers Association through the Football Conference Trust.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?