Dill stars as Radlett draw with rivals
Home Counties Premier Cricket League Division One Radlett 223-10 (65.5) Welwyn Garden City 202-7 (54) GRAHAM Dill struck a classy 82 as Radlett took on Hertfordshire rivals Welwyn Garden City on Saturday at Cobden Hill.
Home Counties Premier Cricket League Division One
Radlett 223-10 (65.5) Welwyn Garden City 202-7 (54)
GRAHAM Dill struck a classy 82 as Radlett took on Hertfordshire rivals Welwyn Garden City on Saturday at Cobden Hill.
Radlett lost opener James Lewis (4) and Dill was joined by Steve Lowe as they progressed the score to 65 with Lowe firing a huge six just before he was clean bowled by county star Aaron Laraman.
You may also want to watch:
Dill continued his steady scoring rate when joined by Shane Burger (20) and Kabir Toor (11) who was unfortunate to be run out when caught out of his ground just as he looked to be setting in for a good score. Felix Walker followed for LBW leaving Radlett 147-5 and Dill was denied a century when he was struck out by Gavin Baker for a superb knock of 82.
Tom Jenkins (19) and Paul Barker (38) made vital contributions as Radlett pushed the score on to 223 all out off 65.5 overs. Derek Tate claimed three wickets for Welwyn Garden City and Baker and Ben Frazer each picked up two.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
WGC looked in control of the match when openers Daniel Blacktopp (46) and James Hewitt (33) put on a 78 run stand before a run out and then a second wicket just seven runs later with a caught and bowled from Middlesex prospect Toor. Tate (48) and Laraman moved Welwyn to 168-4 before Walker struck to remove Tate and Paul Barker (3-38 off 16 overs) then took control with Baker removed and former St Albans man Simon White (17) and Ben Frazer both dismissed with the score on 198. Robbie Crocker took out Laraman (45) and WGC were forced to settle for the draw on 202-7 off 54 overs.